Call for Mentors
for the Empowering Youths for Agripreneurship in West Africa Project
The West and Central African Council for Agricultural Research and Development (CORAF/WECARD) in collaboration with the Islamic Bank of Development (IsDB) is launching the Empowering Youths for Agripreneurship in West Africa Project. This project will be coordinated by CORAF/WECARD among the nine (9) National Agricultural Research Systems (NARS) in the following countries: Ghana, Nigeria, Mali, Senegal, Benin, Côte d'Ivoire, Burkina Faso, Niger and Sierra Leone. The objective of the project is to create Entrepreneurial Opportunities for youths in agriculture in West Africa with the aim of contributing to the sustainable improvements in the productivity, competitiveness, and markets of the agricultural systems in West and Central Africa.
The mentorship program is to encourage close guidance, personal learning and development of entrepreneurial skills in agriculture by the selected applicants within a closed mentorship and learning platform.
Profile of the Mentors :
- Experience in the technologies developed, agricultural value chains and leadership
- A strong passion in supporting and coaching young people in their business growth
- Availability to assist mentees at least 4 hours in a week
- Good listening skills and problems solving ability
- Ability to share successes and failures in order to help others learn
- Have a good command in English and/or French languages.
Roles of Mentors
- Provide mentoring the period of the project
- Respond promptly to mentees’ questions and concerns and lead mentoring sessions through the project’s online platform
- Promote the use of ICT and social media in the adoption of technologies
- Serve as role model for young agripreneurs and help build an in-country youth alumni network
- Promote the views and downloads on the respective Youtube videos (English Version https://goo.gl/qv76Pk; French Version https://goo.gl/mydkz1)
- Participate in the designing of agribusiness curricula and business model as part of online resources for mentees
- Serve as role model for young agripreneurs and help build an alumni network
- Support of profile registration on websites to constitute an in-country youth alumni network
Benefits of the mentors
The position of mentor is not PAID, however, candidates will benefit from:
- Fostering their understanding of youth issues in agriculture
- Certificate of recognition from CORAF/WECARD
- Learn from CORAF/WECARD agribusiness model,
- Playing a role model
- Exposure in media.
Expected Deliverables from the Mentees
At the end of the second phase of the project, Mentees will be required to provide Success stories, feedbacks on their experience and outcomes of the project through online surveys, phone and Video calls, pictures, short videos…
Duration of the mission
The duration of the engagement will cover a period of 06 months.
If interested in applying, please complete this online form: >> here <<
Please submit your application by July 24, 2016 (23:59 UTC)
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.